RunninFool Runz On

Wednesday, January 25, 2006

Leave Me Out of It

Wednesday is my day off. No teaching, no office hours, no one whining to me about how hard the assignment was. Today, I spent my time running from pillar to post -- after all, I be the RunninFool!

First stop -- Office of the Director of the Program. Turns out I'm in need to a few weeks off the teaching gig. Yep, after 5 years of giving everything I have in the classroom (*sniff, sniff*), it's time for me to take my foot off the gas and get some rest while I write my dissertation. So, next term I will not teach.

THINGS I PROMISE TO DO WHILE I AM NOT TEACHING NEXT TERM:

Eat properly
Rest often
Run like the Fool I have become (every other day)
Learn to really meditate
Take midday naps
Answer e-mail only on the weekends
Begin intermediate Salsa dancing lessons
Bake bread
Call my Mother each day
Start writing letters again -- it's so gentile
Clean out the top of the closet
Give away what I no longer wear -- or what I wish I'd never bought in the first place
Practice my Italian
Have a massage once a week
Drink more water
WRITE MY DISSERTATION

Ambitious list, I know... But that's what time off is for, right?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home